Hostgator Control Panel Review
Hostgator uses cPanel, which is probably the best control panel around. What you see at http://www.yoursite.com/cpanel/ is cPanel with a custom skin. Here is a brief description about what you can do with cPanel.
- Backups: You can download full, email, files or mysql backs. Also you can restore from the backups taken.
- File Manager: A web based FTP utility. Upload and download files.
- FTP Accounts: Manage ftp accounts, apply restrictions and change passwords.
- Statistics: View complete statistics from Webalizer, AWstats or raw access logs.
- Security: Password protection, Ban IP Addresses, Hotlink Protection etc.
- Domain Management: Add on domains, Parked domains, subdomains etc.
- Databases: Manage MySQL databases and users, access PHPMyAdmin.
- Softwares: Configure PHP, Install scripts using FANTASTICO de luxe.
- Advanced Tools: Manage Cron Jobs, Mime types, Error Pages etc.
- System Tools: View running processes, CPU usage, memory usage etc.
- Emails: Manage Accounts, Webmail, Forwarders, Auto response, spam assassin, mailing list etc.
cPanel may look bit complex for newbie webmaster, but it is extremely powerful yet easy to use. Most control panel reviews rate it ahead of competitors like Plesk or DirectAdmin. Once you get used to it, you will not be satisfied with any other control panel software.